|Gene Tierney with rifle, flanked by Ann Dvorak on her left and Ruth Donnelly on her right; Ethel Barrymore in the doorway with a pistol|
|Caricature of Glenn Ford from Punch|
|Gene Tierney in a costume test for the film with the scenes listed for when it would be worn.|
- Dana Andrews and Linda Darnell were originally set to star as Jim Canfield and Marcia Stoddard respectively.
- The story is fictional but it is inspired by a real incident where a posse had a shoot-out with escaped convicts from the Carson City prison. Convict Lake is a real place in California that was named after the incident.
- This was actress Ann Dvorak’s last film role.
- What did this film have in common with the other two films we watched: The Walking Hills and Lust for Gold?
- How did Glenn Ford’s performance in this film compare with his characterization in Lust for Gold?
- Was Tierney believable as a western heroine? Was her chemistry with Ford believable?
- Did you have a favorite character in the film?
- Were you surprised by anything?