Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dana Andrews Blogathon coming July 28, 2012!

Feel free to copy and post image
 to your own blog
Film Noir Favorite
Get ready for the Dana Andrews blogathon! Andrews, the subject of a new biography coming out in September 2012, was a major movie star during Hollywood’s Golden Age. A favorite of film noir fans, Andrews made his mark playing seriously conflicted heroes in films like Laura, Fallen Angel, and Where The Sidewalk Ends. He also excelled as a romantic leading man in films like My Foolish Heart and Night Song. He even starred in a musical (State Fair), but let someone else dub his singing, even though he was a trained opera singer (did you know that?), fearing he would be typecast.

The Rules of the Blogathon
Here are the rules (you knew there’d be rules): Pick a Dana Andrews movie that you’d like to blog about or pick an aspect or quality about the actor and blog your heart out. Since there can be many takes on the same film, duplicate posts will be allowed, but feel free to ask what’s been taken (so far The Best Years of Our LivesBoomerang!, Fallen Angel, The North Star, Swamp Water, Where the Sidewalk Ends, and Daisy Kenyon are definites). In the body of your blog post, please mention the blogathon with a link to my site. E-mail me at sreggie@sbcglobal.net to let me know which movie you want to do. When corresponding, please include “blogathon” in the subject line of your e-mail.

Lights, Camera, Action!
When your post is complete, send me the link by end of day July 25, 2012 (Central Time, US). Links to posts will go live on July 28, 2012. I will compile the links and post to my Classic Movie Man blog. The combined posts will include the titles of your blog posts with their respective links to your blog.

Any questions, please contact me.


Blogathon logo created by and courtesy of Paula Guthat.

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all the responses. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited. I know one blogger has completed an excellent post on "Fallen Angel." It should be fun.

      Delete
  2. This is going to be real interesting. I would like to see how many of Dana's movies get blogged on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you be joining us, Shawn? I hope so.

      Delete
    2. I am going to try to monitor. Even though Dana was my cousin, it is only recently and by doing family research that I have gotten to know Dana. I have only seen 2 of his movies. One just the other night( Comanche).

      Delete
    3. Awesome, Shawn. You have a lot of catching up to do. "Comanche" is far from his best, but it is enjoyable to watch and the color is beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Id like to do "where the Sidewalk Ends" if that would be okay :)


    http://whathappened2hollywood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fine. Glad you're participating.

      Delete
    2. Please link your post back to http://classicmovieman.blogspot.com/in your post. We should all get some great traffic out of this. Your link will be included in the mega post.

      Delete
  4. Is it too late to sign up for this? I just now came across this blogathon, and I would love to do a review on State Fair if it's at all possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R.C. Sorry, I just saw this. By all means please join us and you've got State Fair, if you want it! Again, sorry for missing this. E-mail me at the address in the blog if you have any questions.

      Delete
  5. I am your newest follower, and I would also like to take part in this wonderful event. Mr. Andrews is SO worthy of a blogathon in his honor. I have sent you an email.

    Thanks,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very excited and happy to have you join us, Patti!

      Delete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...